- Photo Gear Library: a collaborative gear co-op for sharing equipment, investing in new things, and working together on projects.
- Film Photography Workshops: learn to shoot film and abandon the digital distractions! Liberate yourself and pursue photography in its raw form.
The Linfield Free Press is a student-run publishing outlet for the college, and I started the website.
- No Withdrawal Fees: with my US Bank account, I can avoid the ATM fee in Riley Hall, saving you $3 each time you need cash. Install the Cash App, and meet me in Starbucks to get your money.
- Textbook Library: a student-owned co-op for textbooks at Linfield College.
- Shopping Club: informal group for online or retail shopping. Enables bulk purchasing, anonymity, and delivery of groceries.
Not yet, still working...
- Safe-ride service: transportation for Friday & Saturday nights.
- Ride-sharing service: general carpooling or vehicle rentals.
Beaker Browser Student web servers, P2P networking:
We can have local networking with the DAT protocol and the Beaker Browser, but our school's tech department isn't sold on the idea yet. The benefits include fast speeds, sharing files, and hosting websites locally, so we don't depend on external providers. I could host my website off my laptop, making it available to the students. Then people could browse my photo galleries and copy images. The college could run services locally, making internet outages somewhat obsolete, as long as the local network is up.